Sending a Package!
I decided to become penpals with one of my friends! Yesterday, I prepared the package I planned to take to USPS for them to mail to her house. I included a letter (handwritten of course), some chocolate, a sweater for fall, and some tea for the chilly weather. This all fit into a relatively small box that I sealed with packing tape and labeled with both of our addresses. I took the box to a USPS location today (almost running over a curb when pulling into the parking lot), and my experience inside was a lot “smoother.” It cost me around $6.50 to send the package, however that is the standard rate for sending it from any place in the US to another place in the US. Packages can take anywhere from 1-4 days to arrive depending on how far they’re being shipped (with their standard shipping option), so I hope it arrives to her home soon. PSA: normal letters can be sent by just leaving them in your mailbox with a stamp on an envelope (with both addresses written on it of course). There is no shipping fee for letters (only the cost of the purchased stamp) and they can include small items inside of the envelope with them. Overall, it was fun sending a package to a friend and I can’t wait to see what she sends me!
Comments
Post a Comment